Installing KC6 on a new computer while using SQL
To install Kennel Connection onto a new computer while using SQL server database, please do the following:
Before you get started, make a backup of your database. For SQL, this must be done from the main computer (where the database is housed).
- Kennel Connection must be closed on all computers.
- Click on Start, All Programs, Kennel Connection 6, Backup/Restore Utility.
- Use the arrow keys to get to the drive for your external hard drive, if moving the database to a new computer. If you are only putting SQL onto a new workstation, you can backup to the C drive, if desired.
- If you use pictures, documents, or use the signature pad for clients to sign receipts, these are separate folders. They are found in the KC5 or KC6 folders and are called Pix, KCDocs and Receipts. Copy them onto your flash drive.
Please note: We strongly suggest you back up to an external hard drive in case of a computer crash.
If this is the main computer (where the database is housed):
- Double click on KC6Setup.exe and install to the C drive.
- You will use the KC6Update.exe file later on.
- Next, set sharing permission because you will need to map a drive from each workstation. To do this, right click on the KC6 folder for Kennel Connection 6 (located mostly likely on the C drive or in Program Files), go to Sharing and share the KC6 folder with 'everyone'.
- Set the wkennel.ini file to connect to SQL. Click here for instructions: Configuring Kennel Connection to point to the SQL server
- Disable the UAC. Click the correct link below.
- Reboot the computer.
- Move the database to this computer. Make sure Kennel Connection is closed, then use the Backup/Restore utility to restore your backup from the external hard drive to this computer. Click here for directions.
- If you use pictures, documents, or use the signature pad for customers to sign receipts, you will need to move the folders over separately into the KC5 or KC6 folder, replacing the existing ones.
- Set the SQL DSN. Click on the appropriate link for instructions
If this is a workstation:
- Install the Full Installation of Kennel Connection. You will also need to install the update to ALL computers so that they can share the database properly. Double click on KC6Update.exe file you purchased and install the C:\KC6 folder.
- Next, you will need to point the workstation to the SQL server database. Click the appropriate link for instructions:
- Set the SQL DSN. Click on the appropriate link for instructions:
Installing KC7 with an already existing version of SQL
Installing Kennel Connection 7 with an existing version of SQL Server Welcome to the installation guide for Kennel Connection 7. Follow the instructions below to get KC7 installed on your machine. Important: If you are installing KC7 on your ...
Kennel Connection 6 Installation Guide
Welcome to the installation guide for Kennel Connection 6.0. Please follow the instructions below to get Kennel Connection 6.0 installed on your machine. Installation Instructions Due to the security restraints within the Windows Vista/Windows 7 & ...
Installing Kennel Connection 7 & SQL Server
Installing Kennel Connection 7 & SQL Server Welcome to the installation guide for Kennel Connection 7. Kennel Connection 7 is compatible with Windows 7 or higher operating systems. Windows 10 is recommended. Important: If you are installing ...
Renaming SQL Server to match your new computer name
Renaming SQL Server to match your new computer name IMPORTANT: **Please note this is not something covered under the Software Connection support plan. This is an external SQL server support issue that you may need to contact an outside PC technician ...
Moving KC6 to a new computer while using Access
To move Kennel Connection 6 to a new computer while on a network and using Access: If you don't not have the full installation or update files, you can purchase it with this link: https://kennelconnection.com/product/kc6-download/ Once you purchase ...