Welcome to the Kennel Connection Live Access Setup guide! Live Access allows you to access Kennel connection functionality on a computer, phone or tablet anywhere you have Internet, while also giving you the option to allow your customers to make online bookings and track upcoming appointments with the integrated Client Portal and Online Reservations!
This is a state-of-the-art software that brings the freedom of cloud/remote access to your existing Kennel Connection software all while still letting you remain in control of your own database. With instant synchronization from your local desktop Kennel Connection to Live Access, anything done on your desktop software at your business is instantly available in Live Access from wherever you are! Unlike other cloud software, with Live Access, your database is still stored safely and securely on your desktop computer, and is still available to you in the event of an Internet outage. This is your business and your database. At no point should you ever be without it!
If you are ready to get Live Access setup for your business, please proceed to the guide below.
*Please note that update assistance and update support for any issues stemming from the install is available Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm EST.
Please use this guide to setup Kennel Connection Live Access for the first time. Please take your time and read/review each step as once you setup Live Access, your account will be created with the information you provided.
Part 1: Installing the very latest Kennel Connection update.
You must install this update on ALL computers running Kennel Connection but the Live Access setup is only done on the server/host computer.
Follow the below update process to update your Kennel Connection 7.0 to the very latest KC update.
A. Close your Kennel Connection software on all computers and move to the host/server computer.
B. Backup your Kennel Connection database. (This is a major update so backing up is very important!! Do not proceed without backing up.)Please run the KC backup utility and then verify the backup was created on the drive you specified. If you’re unsure how to use the KC backup utility click HERE.
C. Once you’ve verified the backup completed, please download the very latest KC7 update from the Support Center. You will need your support center credentials to access this. If you do not know them, please email Support@KennelConnection.net. Once logged in, on the left hand side under "Download Center", click on Updates. Then click the KC7-707b.exe update file to download.
**Note the latest update listed in the support center may NOT show the same version as this screenshot.
D. When the download completes, locate the downloaded file and run it. (normally in downloads folder) or depending on your web browser (Chrome at the bottom left, Firefox in upper right)
IMPORTANT: If you are double clicking the update file (or any downloaded file) and nothing is happening, you must unblock the file first. Simply right mouse click on the file, choose properties and then click unblock. Click OK and then run the file.
E. It may take a minute to calculate free space. When it’s complete, the “Next” button will light up. Please click Next. (Note that screen shots in this article may not be identical version # to what you're installing.)
F. The update will now install. Please be patient as depending on your computer speed, it could take a minute or two.
G. Once the update completes, please click “Finish.”
2. Please now install this same update file on each computer running the Kennel Connection software. DO NOT SKIP THIS. If you only have one computer with KC, proceed to Part 2.
You have just completed part 1 of the Live Access setup! Please remain on or move back to your host/server computer and proceed to part 2 below.
Part 2: Configuring your Live Access System
Open Kennel Connection on your host/server computer. Then click Utilities, Live Access.
Then click “Try Live Access, Free for 30 days!” to get started.
3. The setup wizard will open. Please read through each screen before proceeding. When ready to proceed, click Next.
4. Read through to learn about the plan/offer and click next. (A shopping cart window will open with the product already selected. Please be patient while it opens/loads.)
5. IMPORTANT: This next screen will bring you to your shopping cart with the Client Portal/Live Access already added.
- Verify the quantity is 1.
- Verify the total is showing as $35/month
- Scroll down and click "Proceed to Checkout".
6. If you have a current/active support contract with us and know your credentials, please click the "Returning Customer" link and login. If you don't know the credentials, please click the "Lost your Password" link on the login screen, follow instructions to reset your password then try again. Be sure to double check the quantity and make sure it's still "1".
7. Verify the total, enter your CC details and click "Sign up now"
8. Once the transaction goes through, you will see a success message appear in Kennel Connection that you can continue the setup of Live Access & Client Portal. Click OK to move to the next screen. If the transaction does not go through, please contact Sales@KennelConnection.net
9. Choose your unique web address. This will be the address that you, your employees and your customers use (if you choose to use the Client Portal program.) Please carefully read the instructions on the screen. Once you have chosen your web address and confirmed its availability, click Next.
10. Now you must create your administrative login. Please use a valid email address that you have access to along with a password that only you will know. Read through the instructions carefully and when ready, click Next.
11. You’re now ready to install the Live Access components to your computer. This should take just a few seconds to complete. Only Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari (mac) are browsers that are supported. If you do not use one of these browsers, click the “Help with Live Access browsers” link on this screen before proceeding to download a supported browser. Please read all instructions carefully and when ready to proceed, click Next. You will see the components being installed. Please be patient and do not click.
12. When Live Access has finished installing, you will see a success message. Please click OK.
13. Your default web browser will now open automatically to the login screen of your new Live Access system.
NOTE: If you see this screen:
You are using either Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft EDGE as your default browser. You must switch to Chrome, Firefox or Safari (mac) to continue. If you don’t have one of those browsers, either click one of the buttons or click HERE to get instructions on downloading one of these supported browsers and instruction on how to set it as your default browser.
UPDATE 6/10/2020: The new Edge (Chromium) browser does function with Live Access. If you're unsure whether or not you have the old Edge or the new one, the new one will have an icon like this:
14. Please login using your email address and password you entered during the setup process.
15. Once you click “Login”, you will be taken to your Live Access Dashboard. This is the landing page for Live Access and gives you an overview of your schedule data. This completes the setup/install process. You can now use your own unique URL to access your database from anywhere, on any device that uses a supported browser.
Here are some Live Access & Client Portal links that may be helpful:
Kennel Connection Live Access Setup Guide **This is a Quick setup guide that includes basic instruction. If you would prefer a much more detailed setup guide, please click here to redirect: Kennel Connection Live Access Detailed Setup Guide** ...
Welcome to the Kennel Connection Live Access Getting Started Guide. Here you'll find some helpful info and some links to knowledgebase articles that will help you get the ball rolling. Many want to know what's different about our Live Access VS other ...
If during a Live Access setup or at anytime, a Windows or other software provider Firewall message comes up asking you to allow the KCAzureSerivceHost access, this should be allowed. Without this access your Live Access and Online Reservations will ...
Please use this guide only if directed to by tech support. Important: Please look at the bottom of your Kennel Connection Desktop software at the version. If it does not show 7.07.19 or newer, please update your Kennel Connection desktop software to ...
There are two different ways you can add users to Live Access. Individually and in bulk. Users MUST already be added to Kennel Connection desktop as employees before you can add them to Live Access. Live Access will respect all employee access rights ...