Reset security certificate for QuickBooks DirectLink
There may be a time when you have to reset the security certificate for QuickBooks DirectLink.
- Close Kennel Connection.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Click on Edit. Go to Preferences.
- Click on Integrated Applications tab.
- Click on Company Preferences tab.
- You should see programs allowed to access the company file. Kennel Connection should be listed.
- Remove Kennel Connection from the list and then close QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks to the company file. Open Kennel Connection.
- In Kennel Connection, click on Help, About Kennel Connection.
- This will prompt QuickBooks to create another security certificate.
- Set it to allow the connection even when the company file is not in use (when QuickBooks is closed).
You have just reset the security certificate.
Quickbooks DirectLink installation instructions
The QuickBooks DirectLink connects Kennel Connection to QuickBooks and will sync over clients, invoices, receipts, vendors and inventory. The DirectLink will only work with the desktop version of QuickBooks. It does not work with the online ...
QuickBooks DirectLink isn't working for deposits/prepayments
The QuickBooks DirectLink (QBDL) isn’t working for deposits/prepayments, so now you have a large dollar amount in your accounts receivable. Each deposit needs to be made once the money is put into QB. Kennel Connection transfers the receipts, but ...
QBDL error Invoices: There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks InvoiceLineItem SalesTaxCode Z in the invoice line
In order to sync taxes, the QuickBooks DirectLink needs to be pointed to KC Taxes. This error says it's pointed to Z. Click on File, Business Info, QuickBooks tab. Repoint taxes to KC Taxes.
QuickBooks DirectLink and slowness
There are two options when using the QBDL: automatic or manual. If you have KC set up to automatically sync, then every time you create an invoice, client record, take payment, etc, KC is trying to sync that with QB. This can slow your system down ...
QBDL error There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Account XYZ in the items
Check the item to make sure the QuickBooks account it is connected to exists in QuickBooks. Click on File, Inventory. Click on the Inventory item. See what QBDL income account it is attached to and verify the account exists in QuickBooks. Update ...