1. From your desktop screen, press the Windows key + X on your keyboard to bring up the administrative menu. Choose "Control Panel" or use the search feature built into the task bar and search for "Control Panel".
2. In the upper right hand corner of the Control Panel, where it says "View by", be sure it's set to "Small icons". Then choose "Administrative Tools".
3. Choose "ODBC Data Source (32-bit). Always use the 32 bit option even if running 64 bit OS.
4. Click on the "System DSN" tab. You may see one or two listed here. If you see a "wkennel", that is for Kennel Connection 5. Don't touch it. If you see a "wkennel6", that is for Kennel Connection 6. Click it and choose "Configure".
If you do not see 'wkennel6, click "Add and see step 5. If there is already a wkennel6, proceed to step 6.
5. If you choose "Add", scroll down until you see "Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)" and double click it. There are lots of similar choices, so choose carefully.
6. In the "Data Source Name", make sure it says or type in "wkennel6" without the quotes and then choose "Select".
7. On the "Select Database" screen, if the database is local on this machine (NOT a workstation computer), double click on the C:\ drive in the column to the right. Then double click on the KC6 folder.
8. Once you double click the KC6 folder or choose your mapped drive from the drop down, you will see wkennel.mdb in the column on the left. Double click on wkennel.mdb.
If this is a workstation, click the drop down arrow on the "Drives" selection and choose your previously configured mapped drive. Then double click on wkennel.mdb file.
This will bring you back to the previous screen. Click OK on all windows and close the Control Panel.
You have just manually created a DSN.
If you still get a printing error, in KC, click on Utilities, ODBC, Reset DSN. It should be successful and you can print.
Note: If you still have issues printing after the DSN is set properly, you may need to tell Kennel Connection to always run as administrator.
You can do this by closing KC and right mouse clicking on the Kennel Connection 6.0 icon on your desktop. Choose Properties and click on the "Compatibility" tab. At the bottom, place a check mark next to "Always run this program as administrator".
Then open KC and either try to print or go to Utilities, ODBC, Reset DSN and try the reset if printing does not work.