To set the DSN for Kennel Connection 6 you can try this first. Open Kennel Connection and go to Utilities > ODBC > Reset DSN. If this succeeds, you should be able to print. If it fails, please proceed to the next step below.
- Open your Windows control panel. To do this, move your mouse to the upper right hand corner to bring up the Windows menu. Click search and type in "control panel" without the quotes. Over the left, click on "control panel".
- In the upper right hand of the control panel, make sure your view is set to 'small icon view'. If it is not, click the drop down arrow and change it.
- Click on "Administrative Tools".
- Locate the ODBC Data Source (32-bit) and double click on it.
Please note: This is the same for 32 bit or 64 bit. Do not use the 64-bit ODBC.
- Click on the "system DSN" tab. You may see one or two listed in here. If you see a “wkennel”, that is for Kennel Connection 5. Don’t touch it. If you see a “wkennel6”, that is for Kennel Connection 6. Click it and choose “Configure”. If you do not see wkennel6, click "Add" and see step 6. If there was already a wkennel6, proceed to step 7.
- If you chose "Add", scroll down until you see "Microsoft Access Driver" (.mdb) and double click it. There are lots of similar choices, so choose carefully.
- In the "Data Source Name", make sure it already says or type in "wkennel6" without the quotations and then choose "Select".
- On the "Select Database" screen, if the database is local on this computer (NOT a workstation computer) double click the C:\ drive in the column to the right. There you'll see KC6 for Kennel Connection 6. Double click the KC6 folder.
- Once you double click the KC6 folder, you will see the wkennel.mdb file in the column on the left. Double click on wkennel.mdb.
- This will bring you back to the previous screen. Click OK on all windows and close the control panel.
You have just manually created a DSN.
If you still get a printing error in Kennel Connection, click on Utilities, ODBC, Reset DSN. It should be successful and you can print.
Please note: If this is a workstation computer and you have already have the network drive mapped for Kennel Connection, Windows 8 ODBC will not recognize it.
- You will need to click the "Network" button and remap the same drive, using the same drive letter as you did for the first mapped drive for Kennel Connection.
- Next, click on the "Drives" drop down menu and select the proper mapped drive.
- Then, choose wkennel.mdb from the column on the left by double clicking it.
- Once that is done, click ok on all windows and close the control panel.
Note: If you still have issues printing after the DSN is set properly, you may need to tell Kennel Connection to always run as administrator.
You can do this by closing Kennel Connection and right mouse clicking on the Kennel Connection 6.0 icon on your desktop, choose properties, then click on the “Compatibility” tab. At the bottom, place a check mark next to “always run this program as administrator”.
Then open Kennel Connection and either try to print or go to Utilities > ODBC > Reset DSN and try the reset if printing does not work.